How do we set up courses?Assessment of Existing Skills
An evaluation of the learners’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills and their grammatical knowledgeLanguage Needs Analysis
An interview is conducted with the learner (or his/her line manager) to clarify the objectives of the training, the content of the course and the most appropriate format for the training.Design of Teaching Programme LSD will design a Teaching Programme that clearly states:
- the objectives of the course - in terms of the language areas to be covered during the course and levels that students will achieve
- the timeframe within which the objectives will be achieved.
Learners and their managers are provided with a copy of the Teaching Programme prior to the commencement of the training. This is agreed upon before being finalized.
How do we assess students’ progress?
The training program is to be designed for a 40-hour block. During the courses students are usually formally assessed through tasks designed based on Common European Framework (CEF) chart. This provides a measure of their ability to speak, listen, read and write on topics. Within a 40 hour block students would typically be expected to take part in:
- a short presentation
- continually assessed discussions
- a mid-course test
- an end-of-course test. (Tests normally consist of a written assessment, reading and listening comprehension exercises and a role-play.)
The assessment methods can be adapted to meet company training objectives and the students’ language capability is measured against the standards of the Common European Framework.
How do we report progress and attendance and satisfaction?
On monthly basis we provide attendance reports to our clients. Also LSD will provide a progress report following 40 hours training detailing students’ progress towards their objectives. If for any reason the trainee is not performing or attending satisfactorily at any point during the course we will contact you to discuss the situation. Twice a year we conduct anonymous online satisfaction survey and share the results with the client.
In addition to end-of-course reporting, LSD will keep you informed about all aspects of the training programme by:
- providing month-end statistics on students’ attendance
- taking part in quarterly review meetings where we provide analysis of student progress, attendance and satisfaction.